The Kingdom Classroom Beta Membership Invitation
A brand new online learning community that will take your relationship with God to another level!
You have been invited to take part in a vision I’ve had for quite some time now to create a space where people of faith could gather online to be challenged to grow into their God-given greatness and pursue the answers to the questions of their spiritual lives that they’ve been struggling with for many years.
It’s no secret that church has not been satisfying the need for spiritual growth that so many of us have. It’s gotten so bad, according to research by the Barna Group, that there are over 8 million 18-29 year olds that have left the church to pursue God without all the other stuff (politics, hypocrisy, corruption, limitations, etc.).
In fact, in the book “You Lost Me” by David Kinnaman those statistics are amplified as he identifies the 6 reasons so many have disconnected from church today as:
- Overprotective: the sense that the church has exiled itself from the world into a Christian culture to keep everyone that believes protected from the outside
- Shallow: that gnawing feeling that everything going on in the church is really wide but has no depth (relationships, teaching, service) – the church just wants my $$
- Anti-Science: the insistence that the Bible is to be taken only literally and that true science can’t disagree with any of it or one must be chosen over the other
- Repressive: the fact that the church’s stance on human sexuality is so painfully behind the times of our modern era, along with many other behaviors
- Exclusive: the constant need to distinguish between “us” and “them” – the “churched” and the “unchurched” – the “believers” and the “nonbelievers” – is that really what it means to live in the world but not of it?
- Doubtless: the ridiculous assertion by so many modern church teachings that if you have any doubts at all, then you must not have any faith at all – you have to believe in _______ or you can’t be a Christian
So what about you?
What frustrates you about your relationship with God and your spiritual growth right now?
Here’s what some had to say on the preview call:
I felt like I had grown as much as I could in the church programs, then I was left on my own. I need to feel challenged. And I need a community being directed by a reliable leader to bring cohesion to my growth. -James
I thought I’d revealed my full potential in my relationship with God because I’d been through all the church programming and then had no more left to access. The real reason I want this is because when I’m at church I feel less whole than when I’m functioning in my gift at my work. Church feels like a clique that I don’t want to be a part of anymore. -Courtney
I really want to be a part of the Kingdom Classroom because church, for me, is just going through the motions. They’re following a formula that doesn’t work. It’s not challenging to your growth and it’s not showing us how to live. I want to apply the wisdom of the Scripture to my daily life and know that I’m following God’s path for living. -Ray
Many of us have held on to God, but left the church. Some of us have stayed and tried to make change happen from the inside-out. Still others attend every week because of the companionship, while acknowledging that their needs for growth aren’t being met.
I believe it’s time for us to take the technology available to us in our global world and use it to create a new space where we can:
- Be shown what the Bible really means from the original language, culture and context
- Share our doubts and fears with one another as we walk on our journey
- Ask as many questions as we want and get powerful answers
- Focus on the fulfillment of our callings so that we can become fully alive
- Stir up the love and service in one another so that we can contribute more to the world around us
That’s why I’m creating – The Kingdom Classroom – and I want YOU to become a beta member.
The Kingdom Classroom will be an online learning gateway where you will be able to watch 20-30 minute videos of me teaching you from the Scriptures and challenging you to grow once-a-week.
They will be available in the members area of the classroom membership site and will be conveniently viewable on any computer or mobile device.
Along with the video teachings you will also get a set of coaching questions every week that will guide you into the growth that we’ve all been craving.
You can answer those questions, make comments about the videos, and chat with one another in the classroom community forum.
And, once-a-month, all members of the classroom will be invited to participate in a community Q&A session via conference call or webinar where you will be able to ask the tough questions that the teachings brought up for you and get some answers to things that have been troubling you about life and God.
Content will be driven by the needs of the community (via survey and frequently asked questions) and not by whatever I decide to share with you that month :-)
And, best of all, it will cost very little to maintain and there will be no extra giving festivals required. In order to make this work, I just need $30/month from each member and you can have constant access to the classroom.
As a provision for couples and families, the initial membership for the household will be $30/month with any additional family members gaining access for only an extra $10/month.
I’ve invited you to be a part of this beta membership group so that we can experience the growing pains of this new idea as it comes to pass with a smaller community and I’ll be expecting you to give me lots of feedback to shape the future of the Kingdom Classroom before we launch in the new year.
What I’m looking for today is a vow of commitment so that we can make this dream a reality.
Are you in?
Just click on the button below and you will be taken to a survey page that will help us get the classroom rolling in the right direction with content relevant to the needs of the community.
You will also be asked to give your best day/time for the upcoming community Q&A call.
There will be no money exchanging hands until the membership site is set up and running, and I’m targeting Sunday, December 1st for the beginning of our journey.
So, can I count on you for your support as a beta member of the Kingdom Classroom?
Just click the button and you will taken directly to the survey.
Looking forward to serving you and seeing your relationship with God succeed at all new levels!